WHAT SHOULD YOU LOOK FOR IN A FAMILY LAWYER?
What should you look for in a Family Lawyer? It’s a great question! Finding the right family lawyer for you is crucial in supporting you through your separation and divorce.
- Firstly, take your time and do your research. Ask for recommendations and talk to a number of lawyers until you feel confident you and the lawyer you choose will work well together.
- Finding a lawyer that shares your values around what’s important to you will help you meet your needs and objectives.
- Remember that cost is not necessarily indicative of the service or results you’ll get.
- If you feel that your circumstances mean that you’ll qualify for Public Funding (Legal Aid), you’ll need to find a lawyer who offers this service. This will apply to you if you have experienced domestic abuse or your children are at risk of being taken into Care. If you think that you may qualify, get advice.
- If you are unhappy with the service you receive, say so. The decisions and orders that are made may impact the rest of your life.
- Lawyers who support Family Mediation and the Collaborative process are a good choice for you if you want to work with your former partner to resolve your issues with as little Court intervention as possible and save time, money and emotional distress.
The Family Team at Crombie Wilkinson are experts in supporting you to make decisions that are right for you. With offices in York, Selby and Malton, our team offer a wide range of Family Law services from Mediation, Collaborative Law, representing parents in Care proceedings, Injunctions, children issues and traditional separation and divorce.
With a straightforward fee structure and Fixed Fees available, you can rest assured that your family matters are in save hands.
Initial no obligation consultations are available for just £100. Call us today on 01904 624185.